I love my sleep. But as a new parent, I find myself getting less and less of it! When my baby is finally sleeping, that's really the only time I get to do things for myself and the house. I find myself go-go-go and constantly tired and overwhelmed by my to-do list. After reading and talking with a few parents, I've learned that I have come to the understanding that my house won't be as perfect as it was pre-baby, and THAT'S OK. We need to prioritize what's best for us, and if that means the laundry piles up, it's ok.
I know everyone knows sleep is important, but here are good reminders of why we need to prioritize sleep (taken from the healthline article linked below). Sleep is so important for our mental & physical health!
1. Poor Sleep Can Make You Fat
2. Good Sleepers Tend to Eat Fewer Calories
3. Good Sleep Can Improve Concentration and Productivity
4. Good Sleep Can Maximize Athletic Performance
5. Poor Sleepers Have a Greater Risk of Heart Disease and Stroke
6. Sleep Affects Glucose Metabolism and Type 2 Diabetes Risk
7. Poor Sleep Is Linked to Depression
8. Sleep Improves Your Immune Function
9. Poor Sleep Is Linked to Increased Inflammation
10. Sleep Affects Emotions and Social Interactions