Happy Monday, everyone. This is my first post written directly on the OOTify app. Enjoy!
Burnout may be the result of stress, however it isn’t the same as too much stress. Stress involves too much: too many pressures that demand too much of you physically and psychologically. Stressed people can still imagine, though, that if they can just get everything under control, they’ll feel better.
Burnout is about not enough; feeling empty, devoid of motivation, and beyond caring. People experiencing burnout often don’t see any hope of positive change in their situations. While you’re usually aware of being under a lot of stress, you don’t always notice burnout when it happens.
· Characterized by over engagement
· Emotions are over reactive
· Produces urgency and hyperactivity
· Loss of energy
· Leads to anxiety disorders
· Primary damage is physical
· May result in premature death
· Characterized by disengagement
· Emotions are blunted
· Produces helplessness and hopelessness
· Loss of motivation, ideals and hope
· Leads to detachment and depression
· Primary damage is emotional
· May make life seem not worth living